The ceremony of the foundation stone masonry was held in sunny Rovaniemi and witnessed by the special guests of various stakeholders on the spot. In the keynote speech, the importance of the new production facility was emphasized by Juhani Kangas, the Chairman of the Board of Norrhydro. According to Juhani the new facility is highly important to the international growth and launch of NorrDigiTM. CEO Markku Mäkiaho from OP Corporate Bank congratulated Norrhydro on the significant project and praised how fluent the collaboration has been.
The highlight of the day culminated in the filling of the time capsule and masonry itself. The time capsule was solemnly packed by Yrjö Trög, CEO of Norrhydro Ltd. Inside the capsule was placed local newspaper, the ceremony program, keynote speeches, hydraulic cylinder parts and the design draft of the first cylinder made by the company, existing currency and a face mask as a resemble of this era. Guests participated in masonry with personnel of Norrhydro.
Following the official ceremony on the construction site, invited guests enjoyed lunch together with Norrhydro’s management in the company’s current location. During lunch, Susanna Junttila from Rovaniemi City Council held a speech highlighting the importance of partnership. "Co-operation with Norrhydro and Norrhydro's investment in Rovaniemi is an excellent example of our joint love for the region" Susanna Junttila described.
World-class production facility, opening up in 2022, was presented to the guests by Norrhydro’s Vice President Tero Salo. The company’s outstanding hydraulic innovation NorrDigiTM was also showcased during the festivities by Marko Mylläri, Head of engineering at Norrhydro.
As a final part of the event, guests had a chance to take a tour around the current production facility guided by Tero Salo.
Norrhydro new production facility in short:
- Project worth is approx. 15 million euro
- In the first step, the production capacity will be increased by 30%
- CO2 emissions will be reduced even by 20% annually
- New premises will support Norrhydro’s growth into the international market as well as the innovation of digital hydraulics
- Relocation of the production into the new facility will happen during the year 2022
- Within the next years, Norrhydro will create over 100 new industrial jobs in Rovaniemi along with the new production facility
Read more about the new production facilities here.